Sunday, September 26, 2010

WHY THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR PIE


Dice-K pitched better than any other time I've ever seen him. Guess who else did... Phil Hughes. He did quite well tonight in what looked like a pitchers duel until Hughes ran into some trouble with 2 walks in the seventh. When Robertson and his bad back came in and got out of the inning with a strike out, the fiesty fist pump alone from Robertson let me know that something special was about to happen. A-Rod's home run was dramatic, and it all happened because Robertson got that strike out. Who knows what would have happened if those walked men scored.

The top of the ninth was devastating when Mo fell apart. It tells me one thing. Teams have figured out Mariano and it scares me. If men get on base in a close game and they are speed demons, you can almost guarantee a steal, and possibly a run will follow. You can see Mo uneasy and his wheels were turning out there. It was clear he wasn't comfortable. This man, so untouchable for so long, looked spooked. If we get into the playoffs, I just hope teams don't have their wits about them the way the Red Sox did tonight. The Rays, the Rangers like to run FYI. Look out.

The bottom of the ninth was stomach churning. I hate things like rain, bad lunch meat and Paplebon. And I want to beat him every time he's out there. The Yanks showed some patience and that they had a fire in their belly. You could see it unfolding before your eyes. Tying it was key and after seeing everyone running on Mo, I expected the same from our guys. It didn't happen until Nunez got on second on a hit from Teixeria and stole third. Again, the steal was brilliant. It was a bold steal for Nunez. After the A-Rod walk and the Cano hit to tie it, I felt pretty good.

I never expected a win on a bases loaded walk in the 10th but we did, and that's alright. I'll take that. I was expecting a homerun, winning base hit, you know what I mean.

Thanks Yanks, Thanks Miranda, keep it up. 3 games in Toronto coming up. Let's win tomorrow. Let's earn a playoff spot.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017