Monday, September 27, 2010

WHY THE YANKEES ARE READY TO EXPLODE

It wasn't the offense that looked bad tonight. When you are forced to play catchup every single night because your starting pitching can't get past the 3rd inning, it's downright difficult to climb back in it every time. I give the Yanks offense credit tonight, they tried, they tried hard. When Austin Kearns is 2-3, the teams trying to win it. Props to Tex and Granderson who are in playoff form. Now... if we can only GET there.

I don't know what's wrong with AJ and I'm not sure anyone knows. AJ himself hasn't revealed anything... only that he stunk up the joint tonight. Not much more than that. I suspect this guy's got stuff on his mind other than baseball. That stuff may have even given him a black eye a few weeks ago. One thing's for sure. He hasn't been right in a while and time has just about run out. It's not like he can throw a bullpen session in 3 days and Eiland will say "Hey, your falling too far off the mound with your release. Great, we know what the problem is, fix it, case closed." It's bigger and will take longer to figure out. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time.

One play stands out tonight, better than the home runs in my mind. It's the heads-up relay by Granderson to Cano to A-Rod to nail Vernon Wells at third. Each throw was dead on the money and again, plays like that keep your team confident. Hell, if AJ doesn't blow so bad tonight, you know the Yanks clinch. Too bad, that's not the way it works.

My man CC is on the mound tomorrow night. We all love CC. What ever happened with his meltdown last week was a fluke, we all know it and tomorrow I see CC going at least 7. He'll be back. But, there's one thing in the back of my mind though. 2 words... Kyle Drabek. Now, I know what your thinking.... "It's a kid rookie, who cares, Yankee hitting will clobber him."
I wish I could have that same sentiment, but let me offer you this: Whenever the Yankees play against a new or young pitcher, or a pitcher they don't see too often, they're offense goes blah and they end up looking silly... many times even losing. I AM NOT SAYING THAT WILL HAPPEN. I am saying however, it's a very good possibility. Tonight Marc Rzepczynski struck out 9 Yankees, remember that?

By the way, CC was supposed to pitch this Friday, but with all the chaos with the Yankees starting pitching, and with then not clinching a playoff spot yet, that plan has probably changed considering they moved his start to tomorrow. I'll give this to Girardi, you know he's frustrated, you can see it in his face, he wants to clinch so he's going with his best... ASAMFP. Got to respect that.

Let's clinch tomorrow, let's celebrate too, it will be a good way to blow off steam. Granderson can just about taste that champagne. So can I. Go Yanks.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017