Tuesday, June 12, 2012

THE YANKEES RUMBLE IN ATLANTA

I don't like to be the "called it" guy because that's the guy whose chops I like to break because 9 times out of 10, they don't "call it". But that one time they DO "call it", they stand alittle taller and speak alittle more confident.  Tonight, I didn't "call it" though... tonight, I "wished it." 

That's my Tweet right before Alex cranked out his Grand Slam. Look, truth be told, I'm a fan of Alex Rodriguez and for the past week I've been ripping on this guy to clear his head of boobs and over-thinking and instead, get out there and play baseball..."Don't think, Do!" I said in NO QUESTION...ALEX NEEDS TO TURN IT ON NOW!, and I meant it. Tonight, he didn't think, he played baseball when it matters and the Yankees won because of it. Because let's face it, without Alex's Grand Slam, Swisher doesn't put us ahead and we may not win.  We needed Alex to deliver like it was 2009...and he did.

A huge win tonight for the Yankees and great for momentum and confidence for in the clubhouse and for the fans. The Yanks came all the way back from 4-0 deficit to a 6-4 lead in the 8th inning.  The game started off alittle shaky...CC Sabathia started out slow but he recovered and pitched more economically as the game went on.  But, one important part...once again the Yankee starters kept us in the game which is the sign of a seasoned pitcher in CC. The Yankees, in turn God bless them, were patient at the plate when they needed to be and finally Alex had his moment.
It's funny, YES Network's Jack Curry put up a tweet (BELOW) when Alex came to the plate.  It seems like a cheap shot tweet... it's not. It's  actually fact, but because I'm a diehard fan, I always take negatives about my team alittle more personally. Read it:

Stay tuned...I did. After Alex's Grand slam, I quickly wrote Jack back to see what the average was after the homer.  Why? Because typically these sports guys seem the do that a lot. They drop these stats, they engage us fans, and then when us fans are looking for alittle more, they're like the school girl who winks at you and when you show interest, she actually has something in her eye.  What a dick tease it can be. Luckily for us, Jack Curry works for YES and takes care of the fans.  He wrote just a few moments ago:

Look, bottom line, this is a big win for the Yankees. Not that I was ever doubting them tonight, but the odds this season that Alex would be able to deliver at a moment like that was slim to none.  The good news is Alex Rodriguez is in a great position now; he can clear his mind about mounting strikeouts, re-train himself into realizing he's a ballplayer, not a super hero and maybe, just maybe he can have alittle fun now...one can hope.

The nicest part of Alex's Grand Slam tonight was he has tied Lou Gehrig with 23 Grand Slams, the major league record.  Alex has also hit 639 homers in his career and is 123 home runs behind Barry Bonds for the All-Time home run record.  Believe me, the Yankees want that record back in the Bronx.  Start the countdown now, trust me.

Final Score tonight: Yankees 6 - Braves 4.

Way to go Yankees...Way to go Alex.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. It was electrifying! I love Alex but I wasn't really sure he would pull it off; I was realistically wishing on a vague hit, that's all I wanted. When I saw the ball jump off his bat I gritted my teeth and suspense kicked in. It was awesome just like 2009, hopefully Alex keeps this trend and refrains the hero costume he wants to wear and just tries to be a solid 3rd baseman and a team player :-) atta boy AROd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017