Monday, July 30, 2012

ICHIRO HAS LOTS TO SAY ABOUT BEING A YANKEE

I love having Ichiro in New York with the Yankees. I've been searching around and I've been looking for some different quotes from him since he was traded.  I just like reading what he has to say about the Yanks.  I still look at the guy and just can't believe he's a New York Yankee.  It's something I always wanted.  I literally posted this piece called ICHIRO TO THE YANKS IS MY PIPE DREAM  the Sunday before he was acquired.  It could not have been planned better. Any way, check out some of Ichiro's great quotes... all coming to us through an interpreter:


Ichiro on playing home games in the Bronx:

“I need to prove myself and I need to play to the level that the fans can really enjoy and really think highly of my play...I really feel like when I get there, I want to show the fans what I can do.”


“I hope the fans do call my name...But I need to get there and play to the ability, where hopefully the fans will call my name.”

(Courtesy of Marc Carig (Star-Ledger) and his piece Ichiro Suzuki readies himself for his first home game as a Yankee)

Ichiro on playing the Red Sox as a Yankee:

"I was very excited... My first game at Yankee Stadium [as a Yankee] was against the Boston Red Sox.... In Japan, you grab your cheek to see if it's real or not, if you're dreaming. That's really how I feel right now."

On being a New York Yankee:

"I used to have a Yankees uniform as a fan; I wore that in Japan... Also, in the 2001 All-Star Game, I traded jerseys with Bernie Williams, so I put that on before. Obviously it's very special."

(Courtesy of Ray Monell (Yahoo Sports) To Ichiro Suzuki, Being Part of Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry Feels like a Dream)

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017