Tuesday, November 27, 2012

JUMPING THE GUN ON THAT STUD, ICHIRO

We posted this morning on BYB that the Yankees and Ichiro had agreed on a 1 year deal.  My first mistake was to try and read Japanese on the Nippon Sports website HERE.  The fact of the matter is, the Yanks and Ichiro have not "met" about it or have talked about an offer, this is according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News... read HERE. That's a very, very different story than what was reported this morning, but we, not being too full of ourselves, have no problem letting you readers know that we jumped the gun on this one. It happens... Sorry about that. Hey, what can I say, we're excited in Yankeeland...that's how we roll.

My take on this is simple. Ichiro is willing the wait for the Yankees and the Yankees have let him know they'll chat with him about a deal. That's known.  I don't think it's a matter of the marriage itself getting done between the 2 parties. I  DO think it's just a matter of the number they will both decide on. Finally, there is no doubt that it will be a 1 year deal.  That's just me using logic.

Once again... Ichiro is not a Yankee yet... but soon? I'd say so. Hang tight.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017