Monday, January 28, 2013

JUAN RIVERA SIGNS WITH THE YANKEES

It's true, that right handed bat that Brian Cashman wanted?? Juan Rivera apparently is it. I'm not kidding.  It is being revealed by Andrew Marchand of ESPN that Juan Rivera has signed a minor league deal with the Yankees, read HERE. According to Marchand, "It is a minor league deal, allowing Rivera to compete with Matt Diaz and Russ Canzler to be a right-handed-hitting outfielder for the Yankees."


No surprises here from me, I'm defeated.  Look, it's always nice to have a Yankee reunion of course, and you all remember Juan right?  He had a nice short visit with us and also had a good run with teams like the Angels and Dodgers.  He's a decent hitter, not a great fielder, but hey, this must have been what the Yankees were talking about when they wanted a right field outfielder with alittle pop.  Rivera has that and he's cheap. 

Look, who knows who's going to come out of this outfielder competition between Diaz, Canzler, Thomas Neal and Rivera, but I'm at peace with the Yankee penny pinching and I'm not gonna get nuts about it.  It's not worth it.  And yes, I understand Neal's a left fielder, but they are collecting all these guys to compete, that's it.

I will tell you something. I understand why so many people are nuts with the Yankees off season, me included at timed.  It's shows in BYB's readership today.  A ton of fans read  "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE" and it really resonated with a lot of you. I know you're all feeling the same way. I just have to say, hang in there.

Fans are truly disappointed with the Yankees lack of movement.  I am too, but my New Year's resolution was to not be angry anymore.  There are more important things going on in life, I can't get upset...besides, "Pitchers and Catchers" is 16 days away.  I can't wait!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017