Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FOOD FOR THOUGHT DURING YANKEE SPRING TRAINING

It's the eve of February 26th and were just 4 games into Spring Training. We lost 3 of those games. Is it really time to start the "Fire Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi" chants this early? I surely don't think so. I can see it now, that good old "It's all ARod's fault" tactic will surface when we can't point the finger at the real problem.
I've seen that one a lot too. I guess pitching is his fault too, no? Being in social media, you can see the widespread panic over losing Spring Training games. It's laughable that some throw in the towel in such a young season, or show angst as to thinking our playoff hopes are shot.

However, I do understand the passion. I want to win all the time, no question about it. Who do you know says that they prefer losing? Let me know if you do, I would shake their hand for openly admitting that. It's best to take it one game at a time. Especially in February or March. This is the time to work off the rust, to give up the long ball or get struck out in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.  Like Allen Iverson once said, "It's practice, we talkin' about practice."


So put the paper bag down, and let's save the dismay for when it really counts. In April and May, and even more in October. And I don't mean start the chaos immediately after the Opening Day game, we have plenty of time to say "It's only April." We have a long season ahead of us, we've been through ups and downs before.
Don't forget March 10th Derek Jeter is expected to make his return and Spring Training debut. Read that HERE.  It will be the first time Jeter will take the field since his ankle injury in Game 1 of the ALCS.

In other words, we have plenty of baseball to play... calm down. And by the way, I was nice about it. Wait until you see Casey's rant tomorrow....




-- Rudy Laurens, BYB Writer
Facebook: House of Champions



Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017