Saturday, March 30, 2013

GOOD NEWS FROM MARK TEIXEIRA?

Reading Jeff Seidel of MLB.com (HERE), you'd think all is right in the world when it comes to Mark Teixeira and the recovery from his wrist injury.  Here are some quotes from Tex:

"May 1 is eight weeks; if you tell me it's 10 weeks, my goal is eight weeks... We'll see how it goes. We have a few, kind of, milestones you've got to hit, and then once you hit those, you can go onto the next one and hopefully progress to where I'm playing games in eight weeks."

"I can't try to be a hero... Until this is healed, I can't just start swinging and hope that swinging makes it feel better. I just have to be smart with it. It's not something I'm going to play through."

Also, let's not forget there is a possibility of season-ending surgery. That being said, Tex sounds positive and Yankeeland needed to hear it from Mark directly.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017