Monday, April 29, 2013

GODZILLA'S BACK! MATSUI SIGNS DEAL WITH YANKS!

I found it crazy to suggest that Hideki Matsui should be re-signed by the Yankees the other day when I wrote WE NEED TO BRING HIDEKI MATSUI BACK. My piece was simple... I just wanted to see the guy again and bring him back for alittle reunion... throwing out the first pitch! I love Matsui and the impact he had while with the Yankees!

Then, big news out of Yankeeland today. George King III of the New York Post (HERE) reported the following this morning: "Plans are in the works for Hideki Matsui to sign a one-day contract with the Yankees and ceremoniously retire as a member of the team he spent seven seasons with and became a fan favorite.

The Yankees have a Bobblehead Day planned for on July 28 at Yankee Stadium planned for Matsui, who retired from baseball in December."



This was then finally confirmed by the YES Network and RAB HERE.  You have to love the idea of Matsui retiring a New York Yankee.  The Yanks do this from time to time and I believe they last did it with Jeff Nelson back in 2007.  Read about that HERE.

Truth be told, I'm thrilled by this and I can't wait to see the dude hanging around the clubhouse from time to time, hopefully he does.  As far as him throwing out the first pitch one day? It looks like I'm psychic... it will definitely happen now!

Welcome home Hideki!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017