Friday, June 28, 2013

EDUARDO NUNEZ BEGINS REHAB


Yeah... I forgot he played for us too.  This season is the strangest season that I can remember. It's being reported that Eduardo Nunez has begun his rehab assignment.  Lou DiPietro of YESNetwork.com has that story HERE. According to Lou:

"...Nunez began a rehab assignment with the Class-A Tampa Yankees on Thursday night, going 0-for-2 at the plate and playing four innings at shortstop in Game 1 of a doubleheader against Daytona.

Nunez grounded out in both at-bats and took two ground balls at short in his four innings, leaving well before the end of the T-Yanks dropped a 6-1 decision to the Cubs. It was his first official game action in nearly two months..."



Do you believe that? I mean at this point, why bother? This was the Derek Jeter backup a few years ago.  Now where are we? I mean, look, injuries happen. I'm not hammering the guy, I just can't believe he's been down on the farm still not playing games until last night. It's nuts.  I'm sorry, we need to start questioning the conditioning of these players don't we? Am I crazy  to suggest that?  I'm thinking out loud, sorry.

Sure... I look forward to Nunez returning... only for him to go back to the DL...I kid, I kid. Get it? Kind of like Mark Teixeira, Kevin Youkilis and Curtis Granderson? Ha ha...funny.  Right? No? Crap... whatever.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017