Tuesday, June 25, 2013

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: JORGE & LAURA POSADA: PART 1


There’s something that I’ve wanted to do for a long, long time.  But in the world of family and life… things get away from you.  You know how long this Bleeding Yankee Blue thing has been going on, right?  Since September 14, 2010 if you need a reference point.  Since then, we’ve built a pretty smart audience, men and women joining a conversation about the Yankees, family and life.  In other words, "Life... Love... Yankees", our slogan of 2013.  We’re a family here and while you are not my “real” family, it sure is good to know you’re there for each other after a long day. We chat with each other. we bounce ideas off each other and we even fight… like a real family here at BYB.

That being said, I’m constantly thinking… “What would my audience really love to read today?” Sure, not every idea we come up with is as terrific as it was in my mind, but you still support us knowing that we’re out there trying to keep you engaged daily.  After all, I can honestly say that with the hard work of the BYB staff, we have cranked out more solid material on a daily basis than any other Yankee website or blog out there. And by the way... that's a fact!  But why do we do it you ask? Because we’re Yankee fans… we’re real, like you.  So, about 9 months ago… I started my pursuit of my of my favorite couples that I’ve never actually met… but truth be told, they are "friends in my head."

Enter... the Posadas.  Now, I have mad skills when it comes to human observation and I look at Jorge and Laura and know they are solid people and solid parents.  They have the make up for the perfect family formula. As Jorge would say, “Grind it” and  that means get out there, shoot for the stars and give it your all.  That’s not just a baseball thing, that’s a life thing.  It’s also something that we all should subscribe to.  From the outside looking in, I know these 2 are strong individuals with a positive makeup for their family… and it makes me smile knowing that that is still happening in today’s society, especially with the constant hustle and bustle, the video games, the hectic schedules… in the end, you need to make time for your family and they do that!  How do I know? I know.  It’s family first... it's the Posadas after all!


So, I’m thrilled to share with you what will be a 2 part interview with one of our favorite Yankee families… the Posada Family.  Laura and Jorge, thank you for taking the time to chat with Bleeding Yankee Blue.  You are great people and keep doing what your doing because we approve!

To our audience, Part 1 will run today.  Part 2 will run on July 4th.  2 big days for 2 great people. So, without further ado… I bring you the Posada Family. Enjoy this… I certainly did!


BYB: Laura, Bleeding Yankee Blue have been huge fans of the Posada family.  Many were sad once Jorge retired. That being said, you've been great keeping us in the loop since his retirement through social networks.  Tell our audience, what is a typical day is like in the Posada house these days?  

Laura Posada: Right now we are already on summer break.  We take it easy in the summer and focus on outdoor activities.  Jorge takes our son to baseball and Paulina plays softball.  We're also taking a trip to Italy which will be Jorge's first visit, so he's looking forward to it.  Around the house, it’s great to have him!  He has become a BBQ expert and surprises us with his grilling skills!

BYB: Bleeding Yankee Blue is geared toward the New York Yankees and family.  What makes a family successful to you?  

Laura  Posada: I've always said that families need to work as a team.  It is very important to learn how to work together and learn about each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to support each other to achieve their dreams.  Selfishness never works to benefit the family unit.  Finally, as parents, we need to teach our children by example!


BYB: My 10 year is passionate about baseball. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of you Jorge. What phrase could you tell my son to keep him inspired on the baseball field, even when he may have a discouraging day at the plate?  

Jorge Posada: I would always say "Grind it!"

 
BYB: My son asked me to also ask you "What made Mr. Posada want to become a catcher?"  

Jorge Posada: I loved Thurman Munson and he inspired me with his actions on and off the field.  I wanted to model my career after him and of course Yogi Berra.

BYB: Laura, What makes your marriage with Jorge work so well?  

Laura Posada: I think we respect and support each other even though we might not agree on everything.  It also helps that we share the same interests regarding health and fitness.  We understand the things in life that are really important to us; Love,  family and health and we live life to the fullest.

BYB: Laura, you obviously love Jorge home with the family, but what if the Miami Marlins or the Los Angeles Dodgers called one day to interview Jorge as a new manager, is that a good or bad thing?  

Laura Posada: I have always supported him in his baseball career and I think it would be his decision.  In life, you need to be content with your choices and if he feels ready then let's play ball!


BYB: OK, You and Jorge can have a choice of 3 couples to have dinner with, living or dead in baseball and other.  Who would those couples be? And yes, my wife and I are available...  

Laura Posada: I think we should definitely make it happen, but just for fun, I'll give you 3 others.  I would say Thurman Munson and his lovely wife Diana, Roberto Clemente and his wife Vera and Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe.

No... seriously, we're available!  Anyway. There are so many more great moments in this interview with the Posadas, including... Did you know how Laura and Jorge met? I do and you will too next week.  On July 4th, we will release Part 2 of our interview with Laura and Jorge and you will find out some great nuggets that you never new before, including how Jorge REALLY feels about the phrase CORE FOUR!

Look for it next week. In the meantime, reach out and let Laura know just how much you loved hearing from them in our Bleeding Yankee Blue interview! Laura's twitter is @DLauraPosada.

Laura and Jorge... thanks again, from all of us here at Bleeding Yankee Blue!



-Robert Casey, CEO & Writer for BleedingYankeeBlue.com
Follow me: @BleednYankeeBlu



Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017