Sunday, June 30, 2013

THE MICRO LEAGUE BASEBALL REDUX IS COMING...

Or... we hope so at least.


When we last left you, we were doing everything we could to figure out a way to get the old 1984 original version of Micro League Baseball back! We were trying to get it up and running and perhaps maybe... just maybe eventually get a network of Micro League Baseball nerds together for some online game play.  I know... I know... baby steps, but you need to think big to make things reality.

We have written a few articles about this game and how, as a kid, it literally changed my life. I started compiling stats, creating my own teams and making my own seasons.  Needless to say, I didn't have much of a life, but I loved baseball and that's where it really began for me.  It appears I'm not the only one.   Once we released LET'S MAKE A MICRO LEAGUE BASEBALL NETWORK we received this Tweet from "old buddy" Mark Simon of ESPN who Tweeted:

We love Mark ever since he helped put us on the map introducing us in his ESPN article a few years ago when he wrote Yankees at Twins and wrote the paragraph:

 "David Robertson who got a day off yesterday, has been amazing in his last nine outings, allowing two hits and no walks in 9 2/3 innings pitched. One intrepid blogger has even started a Cy Young campaign for him."

That's another post for another time, but needless to say, we never forget, and we appreciated that and to be honest, if I could have my 1978 Yankees compete against his 1986 Mets in a Redux of Micro League Baseball, I'd absolutely love it.


So where are we at, you ask? I have a friend named Jim, a computer genius who is trying his best to figure it all out. He was able to secure a 5.25" floppy disk drive. He was able to hook it up to his computer. 1 problem we encountered, but fixable though; When we started the game, the computer was so fast, a 9 inning game lasted about 2 minutes if simulated on it's own.  Furthermore, if you attempted to play and put in your selection, the move would take place so quickly, you wouldn't be able see what the outcome was.  Remember this was played on a 1984 IBM PC Jr back in the mid-80's. Times has changed, technology is much more advanced.


No worries. Jim has a plan to slow down the game, but we need to get there first.  The biggest obstacle right now is getting this Micro League Baseball "self-booted" game read and copied as a file (almost like an APP), that I can eventually have downloaded from Bleeding Yankee Blue... and that's where were at... a road block.

Now, road blocks are made to be busted throug and Jim is working to figure this out. Again, the man is a genius, but as alittle extra backup, I ask all of you;  if you know how to get this 5.25" disk made into a file let us know. Remember this a a "self-booted" disk. Right now, because it's NOT a disk you place into the drive and boot yourself, we are thinking that's the reason why we can't make the file.  If you have an idea, let us know.  We'd love to figure this out. Email me Bleednyankeeblu@gmail.com.

Nerds stick together, you know.

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017