Thursday, July 18, 2013

DEREK LOWE IS RETIRING... MAYBE


It appears that Derek Lowe's career in baseball is done, at least as a player.  By his wording, you can only assume he'll rest on his farm somewhere, reflecting on the "cool teams" he played for, maybe he'll stare at his Red Sox Championship trophy or his old Yankees uniform.

Lowe said the following, and you can read it HERE in USA Today:

“I’m officially no longer going to play the game … If you’re not playing, it’s completely self-explanatory. I’m not going to go to the Hall of Fame, so I don’t feel like I need to have a retirement speech. But I was able to play 17 years on some pretty cool teams and win a World Series. So, everyone’s got to stop playing at some point, and this is my time.”

For the Yankees, Derek Lowe was 1-1 with a 3.04 ERA in 23.2 innings pitched and 14 strikeouts.  He was a good soldier for us in his 1 season.  His last team was the Rangers and he was released in May.

Good Luck Derek Lowe.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017