Tuesday, July 30, 2013

YANKEES ARE WORKING ON A DEAL FOR ALEX RIOS


It's being reported that the Yankees have new interest in Alex Rios and are "feverishly" trying to acquire him.  I'm not sure I'd go as far as "feverish", but I DO know they want offense and a righty bat with pop.  That being said, Rios hasn't exactly lit it up the past few years. He reminds me of Vernon Wells...we don't need another one of them.

Scott Merkin of MLB.com has it more realistically saying that even if the Yankees want him, Rios still needs to waive his no-trade clause.  His tweet is here:


I would love to see if there is a way to unload Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes for Rios, although my ultimate pickup would be Michael Young from the Phillies for one or both of those guys.  The latest on Young is he would consider a trade to the Red Sox.


That's if you read Jayson Stark:
The Yankees are still a possibility and I like that.

It's trade deadline time... and we need the help. Who will it be?

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017