Sunday, December 29, 2013

THE YANKEES ARE EYEING UBALDO JIMENEZ


Interesting nugget from the always entertaining Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.  He writes that the Yankees are looking at Ubaldo Jimenez... not exclusively, but in addition to Japanese sensation Masahiro Tanaka.  OK, nice. Check it out:

"...A few GMs I spoke with recently feel the Yankees may wind up with Jimenez, even if they land Masahiro Tanaka. 'He had an excellent second half, has great stuff, and he has the type of personality that would fit New York,' one GM said. 'He doesn’t let things get to him. He’s good at shrugging off things and turning the page.'"

I have been screaming all off season about the Yankees need for pitching.  I love that we signed Jacoby Ellsbury and Brian McCann... even Carlos Beltran. But I want pitching and if the Yanks can snag Tanaka, no matter what price, and even tack on Jimenez... I'm all in.


I was going to wait to post this, but it's an interesting nugget and I needed to share it with my BYB freaks... carry on.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017