Wednesday, February 26, 2014

IT HELPS TO BE A YANKEE FAN IF YOU'RE ANDREW BAILEY

Terrific nugget in a Pete Caldera piece from the Bergen Record that I wanted to share with you about Andrew Bailey.  It just makes you appreciate the journey he's been through, and former Red Sock or not, you'll like him more after you read this:


Caldera had a piece this past weekend titled: "Yankees bullpen in flux, but Andrew Bailey wants to be part of it by mid-August" in which he wrote of Bailey the following:

"...Bailey grew up in Haddon Township, attended Wagner College and often took the Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan and boarded a train to the Bronx to watch the Yankees play.

'Sitting in the bleachers, it's something special,' Bailey recalled. Now, 'I'm looking forward to being on that mound.... I'm excited to be wearing these colors and playing for New York... If I get back to being myself and help this team win another championship, [that's] what it's about for me.'"


I'm excited to see this guy work his way back.  Many believe he can, although I was watching Jack Curry's panel on YES the other night and Ken Davidoff suggested that you may have to bet against this guy being on the mound this season with the type of injury he had, he's concerned we just may not see him.

That alone should give Bailey some incentive to bust ass and get on the mound, but just reading his quote, knowing he was once a Yankee fan, well, I have a soft spot for that.  Plus, the dude's got drive.  Let's rally behind him Yankee fans.

Hey Pete... great job, great nugget as always!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017