Monday, March 31, 2014

HEY NON-BELIEVERS... "GO SCRATCH"

Here is a very significant sentence in a piece written by Bryan Hoch of MLB.com:

"With Brendan Ryan beginning the year on the disabled list, Girardi said that he envisions using Dean Anna as the primary backup to shortstop Derek Jeter, while using Solarte more at second and third base."


Now to you and I, fans that have watched the progress of Yangervis Solarte and Anna all Spring, we understand why this is great, but to the haters, they can't believe it!  I can see them now, "Wait, Anna made it? Anna is a 6 year minor leaguer! He has no business being there!"  Well, you know who wanted it enough to make the New York Yankees this season? Dean Anna.

I remember writing a piece a while back titled  ROBERTS TO THE YANKEES IS A DONE DEAL from back in December.  In it, I wrote this:


"Everyone at BYB loves Dean Anna, the "Dean of Swing", he's got mad potential to be great in the Bronx. I hope the Yankees do this platoon move at second, it would be great to see a kid blossom in the position and it would give Brian Roberts alittle incentive to push himself too, plus teach this kid the ropes a bit..."

That was in response to a great idea from Andrew Marchand who at the time suggested Anna and Brian Roberts could be a good platoon idea.  My feeling was simple; Underdogs... or believers deserve a shot.  Anna, is a believer...a believer in himself and so I root for him. I like his grit and guts. Strangely though, that was followed up by a comment from this guy. a non-believer:


To be honest, I found it ridiculous, but all comments are welcome. But I remember reading them at the time, and almost feeling bad for the guy who wrote them.  What was he thinking? I mean, what the hell is so bad about a guy like Dean Anna trying to make to the the Bigs? I mean, what the hell did the guy who wrote the comments accomplish in his own life that he was so arrogant about a "career minor leaguer"?


The best part though... Dean Anna made it.

Sure, he's too proud to wind up with a "suck it" or a "go scratch" to anyone who suggested he wasn't worth taking a chance on.  But I can and I will.  Bottom line, the Yankees are taking a chance on a guy that worked his tail off this Spring and wanted to be in that lineup.  He's getting a chance to prove his worth... with the New York Yankees.

It doesn't get much better than that! 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017