Wednesday, May 28, 2014

JEFF SAMARDZIJA IS BEING CHECKED OUT

Remember when Suzie Pinstripe wrote SAMARDZIJA: WASTED TALENT IN THE WINDY CITY? In it, she wrote that she basically coveted Jeff Samardzija and wanted him in the Bronx writing:


" The Yankees lead the list of 10 possible suitors.  They would have to give up a slew of prospects that could include Manny Banuelos and Ian Clarkin, but it may be just worth it with two-three guys out of the rotation. I like his youth and I like what he could bring to the team."

I agreed with that and then on the Illinois Center for Broadcasting's Fahey and Chivari show, I was asked about if I thought the Yanks were interested in Jeff.  I said this:

"I think he's someone that they are very interested in but I don't know how in depth it is...Now, as we saw the guy perform, he's obviously talented, he probably needs some more runs support and if he comes to New York, he probably gets that run support most likely. Yeah it would be a great idea..."

(In Photo: Chase Whitley)

Look, it still is a good idea.  I'm not too big on David Phelps, I hate the idea of Vidal Nuno starting these days, and who knows how long the Chase Whitley run will last. In other words, we could use him.


Now though, it's being reported that the Orioles may be in the "lead" for Jeff Samardzija. According to Bruce Levine as CBS Local, "...Orioles appear to be the leading team of interest in the sweepstakes for Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija, as sources confirmed the two teams are mutually interested...The Orioles have premium young pitching that the Cubs will insist on if they are going to move their ace. Right-handed pitchers Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Hunter Harvey and left-handed pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez top the list of young arms the Cubs are scouting."

I wonder what will happen. I'm putting the money on the Yanks... because Suzie was all over it early. We shall see... stay tuned...

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017