Friday, January 30, 2015

THE YANKEES WALK DOWN BAKER STREET. SIGN SCOTT BAKER


When I was a kid, there was a song that always comforted me. The song was Baker Street, and everytime I hear it, even to this day, it brings me back to my childhood. When I hear it... life is good.



Now truth be told, while I am a big fan of Baker Street... I am not so much a fan of Scott Baker.  Not now at least.  Was I ever? Hell yeah. Baker had a nice run with the Twins and he was always a solid pitcher.


Here's the deal. The Yankees signed Scott Baker to a minor league deal today.  That news comes from Matt Eddy:
Now look, if it was 2009, I'd love Baker on the New York Yankees.  Back them, he was 15-9 and just a very good pitcher.


These days though, he's recovering from Tommy John surgery and he's bounced around. He was on the Cubs and his last team was the Texas Rangers in 2014 where he went 3-4 with a 5.47 ERA.  Is that great? Not really.  But here's my take on Baker signing with the Yankees;


It's a "stock-piling of arms" situation.  Much like the Jeff Francis, signing Banker simply does this; it let's the Yankees get a look and see if he can offer anything.  If he can, that's great! Trust me, there is nothing better than watching players fight their way back to the Bigs. I love watching that! 


Remember what Scott Kazmir did? It was a long road, but he did it and those types of stories are great; Great for the fans and great for the players that push themselves.    And look... if it doesn't work out for Scott Baker, it's not a big deal for a team like the Yankees... they just move on.

So... If you're asking me my opinion of the Yankees going after Baker, I really don't have one. I just hope the guy personally bounces back and if he helps the club in the process... it's a good thing.  But that's it...


Welcome Scott... good luck to ya pal. Go get'em!

Now, if you'd excuse me... I'm going to go listen to Baker Street on my iPod now... and back to 1978 we go...

 Be Read. Get Known.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYaneeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017