Wednesday, May 10, 2017

BIRD'S RESTING. STILL ON THE SHELF


What... I have little kids in my house. This is the first thing I thought of when I wrote that headline. Toy Story 3 folks.  Watch it.

Anyway... Greg Bird is still not back.  According to SNY, it may be a few more days:

Photo: Getty Images
"Greg Bird continues to rest a bruised right ankle that sent him to the 10-day disabled list on May 2. He's been getting treatment and will be re-evaluated on Thursday, according to manager Joe Girardi.

Bird suffered the injury during Spring Training on March 30."


(Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports)
As I've stated a few times here at BYB, the ankle has much to do about his lousy average and slow start.  Hopefully it heals and hopefully he comes back 100%.  I wouldn't mind if they gave him another 15 on the DL actually.  We don't need him right now, and extra rest is good!

Anyway... that's all I got on that. I leave you with this...





Carry on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017