Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I MISS CHAPMAN & THE BIRDMAN

Photo: Getty Images
2 of the guys that I was really hoping to see and root hard for this year were Aroldis Chapman and Greg Bird.  But with them on the shelf... I can't do that.

Photo: Getty Images
I mean, luckily for us, the Yankees are winning.  Starlin Castro, Didi Gregorius and Aaron Judge are making me very happy. Don't get me wrong.  I mean, yes, I'd like to see better consistency from our pitching. The rotation makes me nervous.  I'm not the only one either. Our BYB pal Joey Moses... a Bleeding Yankee Blue fanatic and a Yankee fan to boot texted me this about our pitching the other day:


I know, many of you feel the same. That being said... I'm getting off track, aren't I?

Chapman and Bird... that's where I was going with this.  They are still injured and I want them back!  NJ.com has a good short piece about them and their progress in their rehabs.  Check this out:

Photo: Getty Images
"Bird, bothered by a right ankle bone bruise all year, has been on the disabled list since May 2. Manager Joe Girardi said reports he's received on the 24-year-old have been good since the Yankees have been on the road.

Bird started light running recently and could begin hitting soon, Girardi said...

Photo: Getty Images
Chapman has been on the disabled list since May 14 with an inflamed left rotator cuff.

He said he'd been feeling pain in the joint since at least mid-April, though he repeatedly told reporters he was fine despite occasional dips in velocity and control problems. General manager Brian Cashman said he never told the team of any issues."

Photo: Getty Images
Now, both stories are unique and to be honest, I found it interesting that Chapman didn't voice anything about pain.  It makes me alittle angry.  Now I understand wanting the ball and wanting to help contribute, but being hurt and playing doesn't help anyone.

Bird? He'll be back but I just don't see him returning any time soon.  Chapman? Well, this pain thing annoys and worries me in the same breath.  I hope it's nothing too serious... and I hope it doesn't become some kind of scandal. I really want these guys right.

Anyway... alittle update on our injured guys.  Go Yanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017