Tuesday, February 27, 2018

BE HAPPY WITH SONNY GRAY, FOLKS

Good things being reported about Sonny Gray yesterday.  NJ.com has some of that:


"Gray's line: 2 innings, 2 hits, 2 strikeouts, 0 walks, 0 runs, 0 walks

Gray's take: 'I thought I threw strikes, a lot of good, quality strikes for the most part Threw a lot of strikes with my breaking ball, which was a good thing, especially early in counts, and I threw some good breaking balls late in counts. Gave up some hard-hit balls but still got some balls on the ground and my fastball, I was pretty much able to throw it for a strike consistently when I wanted to.'


Boone's take: 'Sonny, I thought, was good. I thought he had a real good feel for his breaking ball. He was real good command with his curveball, able to get back in the count with it, and steal a strike early with it. All in all I thought it was a good start for Sonny. They hit a couple balls hard off him, but I thought he commanded it really well, expanded real nice with his breaking ball to get a couple of punch outs, I thought he was really good.'"

Look, Yankee fans want Gray to be helpful for this club. He's young, but battle tested and I think it's important to keep him confident and right.  This positive debut gives him a boost, no question.

Something light for your Tuesday morning... enjoy that.


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017